Last semester, the Associate Deans’ lunches explored issues related to labor and community commitments at the college level (writ large). This semester, we will focus on ways faculty can strengthen communication within and beyond our units. We will cover a broad range of topics that include: sustaining conversations about classroom climate, faculty cultures, and diversity; facilitating collaboration among units; and transforming ideas from conversation into action.
The Associate Deans’ lunches are held on Wednesdays at noon. They are occasions for faculty to get together and talk—across ranks, divisions, and disciplines—on topics of mutual interest.
We hope you will join us for one or more lunches this spring, which will be held at the Faculty House. Please charge your lunch to the Office of the Dean of the Faculty.
Co-hosted by Associate Dean for Institutional Diversity and Equity Ngonidzashe Munemo and Associate Dean of Faculty Rhon Manigault-Bryant. If you would like to suggest a topic for discussion, please contact one of us.
Spring 2018 Schedule & Topics
- February 7 (New Private): Moving Beyond Talk
- March 7 (New Private): Reality Check: Classroom Climate(s) and Faculty Culture(s)
- March 14 (New Private): Open Topic
- April 18 (Old Private): Sustaining Productive Conversations about Diversity and Inclusion
- April 25 (Old Private): Collaboration Among and Between Units
- May 2 (Old Private): Open Topic
- Tuesday May 15, 2018: Faculty Retreat, Location TBD