Last year, the Associate Deans’ lunches explored issues impacting faculty climate in the classroom, and at the unit-level. This semester, we will focus on a range of topics related to labor and community commitments at the college level (writ large).
The Associate Deans’ lunches are held on Wednesdays at noon. They are occasions for faculty to get together and talk—across ranks, divisions, and disciplines—on topics of mutual interest.
We hope you will join us for one or more lunches this fall, which will be held in a variety of locations. When held at the Faculty House (see the schedule for details), please charge your lunch to the Office of the Dean of the Faculty.
Co-hosted by Associate Dean for Institutional Diversity and Equity Ngonidzashe Munemo and Associate Dean of Faculty Rhon Manigault-Bryant. If you would like to suggest a topic for discussion, please contact one of us.
Lunch Dates & Locations
- September 20, 2017: Labor and college community commitments – Noon in the Black Room at The Log
- October 4, 2017: Open Conversation – Noon in the Black Room at The Log
- October 11, 2017: Who is actually doing college service? – Noon in the Black Room at The Log
- October 25, 2017: I notice I am the only one who cares about…– Noon in the New Private Room of the Faculty House
- November 15, 2017: Does service actually make a difference? – Noon in the Black Room at The Log
- December 6, 2017: How do we balance labor and college community commitments? I need a break from service, what do I do? – Noon in the New Private Room of the Faculty House